Friday, December 29, 2006

A new year? Or more of the same?

For the last few weeks and months I've felt like I never have any free time. Every day is work, every weekend is obligations - whether with family or friends. I've approached everything with the mindset of "get it over with" and come January I can relax. Well, here I am on December 29th and I'm already dreading what I know will be a few quiet, boring months ahead. I also know that I'll make the annual resolution list of losing weight and working out, putting some money into savings while chipping away at my credit card bills....problem is I never seem to stick to anything. Story of my life. The eat right/work out thing will last a few weeks before I go back to my old ways. I'll try not to smoke anymore but find myself with a cigarette in hand before the month of January is over. And while I did manage to save a decent amount of money in 2006 I also managed to charge way more than I intended. I wonder if I'll ever change or if this will be a pattern that continues throughout my life. Maybe its because nothing ever changes in my life. I've been, for the most part, single and living alone for many years. Maybe I need some outside influence to stir things up.

OK, no more Debbie Downer. I have Jarrett coming to spend the weekend with me starting tomorrow and I gotta make sure its a fuckin kick ass weekend. Its not only New Years Eve on Sunday but thats also Jarrett's birthday. Hopefully the next time I write on here I'll have some crazy tales of debauchery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Heya Kevin. James from Sayville.

I found this through your myspace page (which I found through Joel Tippie's myspace page) lol

Not sure when you'll see this but shoot me an email. (jamzyamz at gmail dot com)

I'd love to hear what you've been up to all these years.

In any case hope all is well with you.

James M.